Scarecrow Contest Rules
Contest Date: September 9th 2017, Please read the following rules before completing your entry.
Judging: Judging begins at Noon, with awards presented at 3:00PM, Saturday, September 9th, 2017. The judges are volunteers and are not employed by Emma Krumbee’s. All judging decisions are final.
Location and Mailing Address: Emma Krumbee’s Apple Orchard, on the south side of Emma Krumbee’s Restaurant, 311 Enterprise Drive East, U.S. Highway 169, Belle Plaine, Minnesota 56011.
Materials: As all scarecrow entries must remain on display outside, from September 9th through October 29th, 2017, and may be subjected to severe wind, snow and/or rain, their construction should be durable and all ornamentation securely attached. No perishable goods may be used in the construction or display. All scarecrows and their materials become the sole property of Emma Krumbee’s. Emma Krumbee’s reserves the right to remove any scarecrow that does not hold up to natural elements. NO GLASS OR MAJOR APPLIANCES.
Armature: Each scarecrow must have a horizontal support of wood for the body (2×4 post preferred.) This support is needed as each scarecrow will be wired to a steel fence post for display. The fence post will be provided, but the builder of the scarecrow should bring a method for attaching the scarecrow, such as wire or rope.
Size Limitation: Minimum height of 4 feet, Maximum height of 8 feet. Maximum circumference area 8 feet. The entire structure is considered to be the dimension of the scarecrow, not the dimension of the actual scarecrow within the exhibit. Your exhibit may include more than one figure, but not more than four.
Delivery of Entries: Entrants are responsible for bringing their fully assembled scarecrow to Emma Krumbee’s parking lot from 1PM to 6PM on Friday, September 8th, 2017, or 9AM to 11:30AM on Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Emma Krumbee’s personnel will be available to assist entrants in location and designated support areas. All entries must be completed by Noon, Saturday, September 9th, 2017.
• Youth entries must be completed by children. Parents may assist in placing scarecrow on display.
• All entries are subject to limitations of space availability as well as the standards of display as established by Emma Krumbee’s management. Emma Krumbee’s reserves the right to deny entry privileges of displays considered to be offensive.
• Neither Emma Krumbee’s nor their agents will be held responsible for any injury or damage associated with the 2017 Great Scarecrow Contest.
• It is understood that Emma Krumbee’s and its agents may use photographs of, stories about, and the actual scarecrow entries themselves as well as all information contained on the entry form for publicity and promotion on the event.
• It is understood that all entries and ornamentation become the sole property of Emma Krumbee’s.